Friday, September 24, 2010

A Trip to Milwaukee...

It was a cold, cloudy day; we pack up the vehicle with our three beautiful children and begin our three and a half hour trip to Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I started off driving but became as tired as a newborn after being fed. So my fiancĂ© and I pulled over at the very first spot available. My girl took over the wheel as we continued down the long path to our destination. We stopped at rest stop to take a break from the long drive and let the kids run some energy out of their system. We decided to play tag. After the kids had dominated us in tag, we continue down the long and hectic road over flowing with vehicles of all shapes and sizes. When we arrived in Milwaukee, it was a crazy sight for me because I have never been there. There were overpasses for days and winding, twisting streets that would make you dizzier than spinning in circles. It was inevitable that I get us lost in the insane roads. They were more confusing than a test that you have not learned a thing about. After many phone calls and tons of turn arounds, from correcting my wrong turns, we had finally arrived at our destination. We walk in the door and collapse in relief that we had finally made it to my Cousin Jamie’s house. Now we can go to sleep and wake up early in the morning to take the kids to the Milwaukee Zoo to celebrate two of our beautiful children’s birthdays. It will be a blast and most of all the kids will have the time of their lives until our next family vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment